Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Blast from My Past

So I met up with a woman who I met over 15 years ago at a club one night. We messed around that night 15 years ago and than talked on the phone for a couple of weeks after that. That was when I was a freshman in college. Lo and behold, we happen to run into eachother on an online dating website back in October (actually, I approached her without realizing who she was initially). Anyhow, we made plans to meet up and had gone on a couple of dates. The first one was the typical dinner and talking. We ended up at a local bar for drinks. At the end of the night I walked her home and gave her a hug goodnight. I must say that I felt a bit like I had to carry most of the conversation and she really didn't initiate much of it. This woman is really career oriented, loves what she does and seems to have a fairly active social life. And yet I wasn't too into the conversation. I think what kept me interested is the fact that she is quite beautiful and we have some common interests. Specifically, we are both fairly health conscious and dedicated to working out.

After the first date, we talked and eventually made plans to meet up again. Our second date was another dinner and a movie. I don't know if it was me or her, but it felt awkward. I was tempted to make a move a couple of times, but something kept nagging at me and saying don't do it. Was I possibly reading her body language?

I figured I go for a third date and see how things worked out. We initially made plans to meet up one weekend, but than things didn't work out. At some point, I felt like I was making the effort and she was not reciprocating or just going along for the ride. We talked about meeting on a Friday night and than she said she could only meet for a short dinner because she had friends coming to town. Now with the commute for me to get into the city on a Friday and than her calling it an early night, I would have spent 3 hours driving down and back for a 2 hour dinner. I told her this and said it wasn't worth it. (Maybe a bit too harsh)?

I haven't heard from her since and yet it hasn't bothered me either. I guess thats the ultimate tell tale.

No comments: